abv0831
abv0831 asks:
Q:

I need an alternative to Private and Federal Loans

My school will only allow funding from private sources, it will not accept Federal Aid. Though my credit is not worthy as of yet, and so I can not get Private loans. What are my other options. My deadline is in 3 weeks.
In Topics: Financial planning for college

|
There are some suggestions for you to consider in this article from the Education Loans website:
http://www.eduloaninfo.com/educationloans-articles/bad-credit-education.htm

Namely: that your bank may be able to assist if it has college loan program for those without strong credit, or that you may qualify by getting a co-signer on a private loan.

I would also recommend that you check out the College Student Loans section on Education.com:
http://www.education.com/topic/student-loan-information/

Good luck -- I hope you are able to secure the funds you need for your college education.

0
0
FreeMoney
FreeMoney writes:
How many kids do you have like this?  I can include them in my email blast because our scholarship is from a private entity.

0
0
normanW
normanW writes:
As the cost of college rises rapidly, and federal loan limits fail to keep pace, the private loan business has grown quickly. In theory, these loans are used to fill the gap between available federal aid, and what students and families can afford to pay out-of-pocket for college costs. In practice, unfortunately, many borrowers take out these higher cost loans without first exhausting their federal student assistance options. These private loans lack the more affordable, fixed rates, and flexible repayment options that federal loans have. Prospective borrowers should exhaust all federal grant and loan options (including PLUS loans) before considering a private student loan.

0
0