zstovall asks:

How do I appeal an interdistrict transfer denial?

Our children (3) changed schools last year so that my eldest could attend a GATE program and I like to have all my children at one school.  We bought a home in another district mid year, and were able to complete that year no problem at the school.  We applied for the transfer to continue next year, and our current district denied the request.  
I would like to keep my children at this school as they have finally settled in, made friends, and have done better in their education as well as better in their behavior.
In Topics: Choosing a school, Working with school administrators
> 60 days ago



Jun 12, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

My "guess" is that the regulations for an appeal in this type of situation depend on the state you live in, and maybe the school district as well.  I suggest you call the superintendent's office and ask what the process is for initiating an appeal for this particular problem.

There is probably a lot of paperwork, so be prepared for that, just in case.
In the worst case scenario, which hopefully does not occur, you might want to consult legal counsel.
I wish you you luck with it.

Bette J. Freedson, LICSW, LCSW, CGP
Clinical Social Worker
JustAsk Expert
Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely