kaclac
kaclac asks:
Q:

Help with math problem

Under each category, list the subcategories (i.e. the answers people gave). For example, under the "favorite color" category, the subcategories could be red, blue, and green depending on what answers each family member gave. Be sure that each answer appears only once--even if three people said their favorite color was red, only list red once.
Count up all the answers, and write the number under the appropriate subcategory. You can also use stickers, stick figures, or list each person's name to represent the numbers. It should look like this:
           Favorite Color

Red     Blue     Green

5         2         4
I am confused about this activity - and would like to share this, but I do not understand why an answer would only appear once - when the graph shows multiple answers.

In Topics: Helping my child with school work and home work, Helping my child with math

|
pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Kaclac....

There are two reasons why the answer would only appear once.  The first is that the answer is really a "subcategory" or "category choice".  Although it's an answer but it's also a subcategory and that's why you don't write it again.

Another reason the answer would only appear once in that it's being tallied under the subcategory.  Even the answer/subcategory only appears once, the "answer" is being counted each time as a tally mark.

Vicki

1
0
sonofmine2
sonofmine2 writes:
It sounds like questioning multiple people but at different times.  I help my child when I can.  I don't think the answer is one.. Take the information from the multiple graphs then I would use stick figures then add up all the reds, blue, etc on another sheet of paper or the one graph he has to put his work on..

0
1