domiegal
domiegal asks:
Q:

Can I apply to this college with the Toefl internet base score of 55%?

About  admissions into washtenaw community community college.
In Topics: Choosing a school, College admissions tests

|
domiegal
domiegal writes:
well! i don't know exactly what to answer because am not a working staff in this college. So the school is meant to give a direct a answer to my quetion, thanks.

0
0
monkeythumbs
monkeythumbs writes:
Hi Domiegal,

In regards to your specific TOEFL score and Wastenaw's Community College (WCC) Admissions requirements, you will need to contact the school directly.  Every school has different requirements and, often times, they are not set in stone.  

According to WWC's Admissions, the college is requesting a minimum TOELF Internet score of 61.  

"Proof of English Language Proficiency. Minimum scores:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
500 paper test, or
61 Internet test
WCC's TOEFL identification number is 1935
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB):
75"

The highest TOEFL Internet Score possible is 120.  If you received 55% of the total 120 possible, I'm led to believe that you scored a 66 (55% of 120 = 55/100 x 120 = 66).  Seeing as a 66 is higher than the minimum score of 61, it seems that your score meets WCC's requirements.  

Requirements change regularly and often time’s Admissions Departments take a "holistic" approach, meaning they take your overall application into consideration--the TOELF consisting of only one aspect of your application.  I highly recommend contacting the school and confirming.  

0
0
Anonymous