ColDodson asks:

How do I apply for the Masons' free training in Orton-Gillingham to work with my child as well as my CI students

I am a special education teacher whose 10 year old daughter has just been diagnosed to be dyslexic. She just had her initial IEP and as I did research to prepare for it, I kept coming across the Orton-Gillingham approach as best practice to reading/writing/spelling. I would love to be trained in this practice. It was brought to my attention that the Masons train teachers for free. I want to apply for this program. Can you tell me the who, when, where, and hows to do so.
In Topics: Helping my child with reading
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

Hkcarol writes:
I looked into this a few years ago.  In N.J., there is a program through Fairleigh Dickenson University.  You can take the courses and there is a requirement to volunteer a certain number of hours as well.  I think it took two years.  There was also an option to take the classes for credit, which is expensive but faster.
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely