ColDodson
ColDodson asks:
Q:

How do I apply for the Masons' free training in Orton-Gillingham to work with my child as well as my CI students

I am a special education teacher whose 10 year old daughter has just been diagnosed to be dyslexic. She just had her initial IEP and as I did research to prepare for it, I kept coming across the Orton-Gillingham approach as best practice to reading/writing/spelling. I would love to be trained in this practice. It was brought to my attention that the Masons train teachers for free. I want to apply for this program. Can you tell me the who, when, where, and hows to do so.
In Topics: Helping my child with reading

|

Hkcarol
Hkcarol writes:
I looked into this a few years ago.  In N.J., there is a program through Fairleigh Dickenson University.  You can take the courses and there is a requirement to volunteer a certain number of hours as well.  I think it took two years.  There was also an option to take the classes for credit, which is expensive but faster.

0
1