deedee58
deedee58 asks:
Q:

How DO i approach my 10year old daughter after I caught her kissing her girlfriend that was staying over for the night?

In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

Not unusual for the age.  If it comes up about the stay over, just ask what they did or mention you noticed they were kissing. Listen to the answer. Leave it at that unless what you saw was more than just a kiss.

0
0

greenprof2
greenprof2 writes:
As another parent, the one piece of advice I would give is to not shame your daughter. This may have just been innocent experimentation and an expression of friendship. If she were my daughter, I would just say nothing.

0
0
EyeC-Datruth
EyeC-Datruth writes:
Wow! well first things first. If she's gay, she's gay. There is nothing you can do or say to change that. Dont worry though. Kids are easily influenced by what their friends say and talk about so this might just be a phase. However, its not a good thing that she's intrested in kissing at this age. That is not okay regardless of what she likes- boys or girls. Kissing leads to other things that girls her age arent ready for. Have u gave her the dreaded "talk" yet? If u haven't, its time. Also, everybody has different opinions about their child's time when they should start dating and talking on the phone. If she does like girls, it will be harder to manage that. I think you'll be allright though. Just start off with the talk and work your way up from there.

0
0