silverkitty
silverkitty , Student asks:
Q:

Where can I get an Aspergers diagnosis?

I've had many online test done and keep getting high aspie scores. (the only one I am normal in is the SQ test) I want to go to a specialist but I can't seem too find one. I need to get a diagnosis. I need answers. My family also needs answers I guess I owe them that much. Can someone please tell me where too look for a specialist who can diagnose me in California? I need this. It would explain so much and take a huge burden off my shoulders as well as answer my life long questions. Please help me.
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

childpsychmom

Great question! It is so important to get the answers you and your family need about Asperger's Disorder.  I would suggest getting evaluated by a licensed psychologist in your area.  They would be able to do a comprehensive assessment to determine if you do or do not meet the criteria for Asperger's Disorder, and they can provide you with treatment recommendations.  You can find a licensed psychologist in your area in your phone book or by following the link below to the California Psychological Association and entering your zip code.  When you call, be sure to tell them that you want an evaluation for Asperger's Disorder and they will be sure to match you with a clinician who specializes in that type of evaluation (or refer you to someone who does).

Best of luck!
Polly Dunn, Ph.D.
Licensed Child Psychologist
www.ChildPsychMom.com
Twitter www.twitter.com/childpsychmom
Facebook www.facebook.com/childpsych
0
0

Wayne Yankus writes:
the person you are looking for is a developmental specialist who is usually an MD or physician trained in these evaluations.  A psychiatrist can do it and if you go to the website of your local mental health community center, they may have psychologists who can help you with the diagnosis.  Check with the California department of health and senior services website and scan for autism and mental health support.  Best Wishes.

0
0