Anonymous
Q:

WILL I GET ATTENTION FROM OTHER KIDS SINCE I AM NEW IN THIS COUNTRY??

My dad and I moved in Australia on 24th March 2012 rest of my family will join us shortly. We came from one of the metro cities. I was studying in 11th standard in my city.

Last week I got myself enrolled in a High School. Since we have moved I am having trouble making friends in this country. I was wondering whether I will get mixed up with other kids in the school as they are from other cultures. Will get the same attention of the teachers? Any suggestions?

I AM FRIENDLY, FUNNY, RESPECT OTHERS AND EVERY RELATIONS

PLEASE HELP.
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|

AnnieFox

I just saw your question and I'm hoping that over the past six months (since your move last March) you've found your "groove" in your new school. It can be a challenge to be the "new" person in some social situations. Students (and adults too) can sometimes be less-than welcoming to people they don't yet know, as you may have experienced.

I love what you wrote about yourself at the end of your question: "I am friendly, funny, respect others and every relations." You sound like a GREAT friend! The best advice I can give is to be who you are. That will let people know that when they choose you as a friend, they are getting someone very special.

But maybe at this point in the school year, you don't need any advice, because you already feel comfortable where you are and have at least one awesome friend! I hope so.

In friendship,
Annie

0
0