ruberttr
ruberttr asks:
Q:

Is autism hereditary?

My uncle was diagnosed with Aspergers, much later in life, he is now around 68, he has accomplished so much in his life. My sister's last child has autism, I was just wondering if that could possibly be a connection.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

Hello and thank you for writing!

Autism and related disorders are under the intense lens of researchers. Some say that there may be a genetic link while others are looking at environmental sources.

Autism Speaks at http://www.AutismSpeaks.org offers up to the date information.  

1
0

Nicole1234567890
Nicole12345... writes:
In my studies, plus experience, I would say nobody knows. There are lots of theories though. I recently read and would agree that genetics combined with environmental are the cause. What the environmental may be is anyone's guess.
I'm guessing they will be trying to find out soon as the incidents of autistic spectrum disorder in children are increasing fast.

0
0