samandkat
samandkat asks:
Q:

Autistic toddler and a newborn

I have a 19 month old autistic son and I'm considering having another baby. Would this be wise or am I being selfish? My son is used to quiet nights and been center of attention. Should I have a child or should I wait or should I not have anymore children? I'm 24 mother of one.
In Topics: Special needs, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

These are huge and personal questions you are asking that I don't think anyone can answer for you.  Perhaps talking in parent groups with other moms of young toddlers who have developmental disorders may help steer your mind and heart.

There are many groups that meet nationwide.  You can search locally via MeetUp.com.   Also, ask the local early intervention programs of resources. Libraries also can be an invaluable wealth of local resources for families.

We wish you luck.

Louise Sattler, Psychologist
SigningFamilies.com

Note about Meetup.com -  As with any social networking website, I receommend to please do your due diligence and only meet with actual verifiable groups who have full contact information, disclosure and meet in public places.  

0
0