gmacc
gmacc asks:
Q:

What is the average age a child can say the abc's and can count to 10?

In Topics: Cognitive development, Learning issues and special needs

|

The "rule of thumb" is that a child can say the abc's and count to ten without any issues by kindergarten (Depending on the age of the child it may be the beginning or the end of the school year).  Some children attain this skill earlier, while others may need a bit of extra help.

Please feel free to peruse our site for more developmental milestones information.

1
0

1
0

JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
The more you stimulate your child the more he/she will learn and this can be as early as 4 years.  Logo reading happens first, and then his name.  The more you expose your child to reading activities the faster he/she will learn them.  And yes, then you have those children who need more time to grasp concepts.

1
0
lilgirly9090
lilgirly9090 writes:
Well, I learned my abc's and how to count to ten when I was in preschool; so the age should be around four or five.

0
0
hagekana
hagekana writes:
A child can probably say abc's and can count to 10 when they are 3 to 5.

1
0
Aday201
Aday201 writes:
My child is 2.5years old he knows his full alphabet and can count to 20. He can point to the letters when called out (when he is interested in doing so). I believe the child can do anything the child is taught at a young age routinely. I do believe no child is the same but every child has the ability.

0
0