Danielle , Parent asks:

Is it a bad idea to request a specific teacher?

Do people think it starts things off on the wrong foot if you request a specific teacher? My son is about to start kindergarten and I've heard that some teachers are better than others. I want him to love school. But I don't want to annoy his eventual teacher if she/he finds out I didn't request them. Advice?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s)

koufitir writes:
My son started kindergarten last September and the school did an extremely good job in assessing the children and placing them with the right teacher. You should also take into consideration that you might like the teacher and his or her approach but that another teacher might be a better fit for your son. I feel that as a parent we might be surprised on how well our children adapt to an educational approach that we would never even consider in the first place. Besides choosing the right teacher, classroom dynamics also play an important role and you might have no control over this aspect once the school year starts.