jeannin
jeannin asks:
Q:

What basic education for emergencies do I need for a daughter with epilepsy?

My daughter has been deemed disabled. She is 2years old and is epeleptyc. Im trying to seek any kind of basic education i should have in case i find myself in a emergancy. Thank you very much for your time.  Alex Andrade.
In Topics: Medical problems

|

Good of you to want to be prepared.  As previously answered, I would go to the website of the epilepsy foundation for advice.  I would also talk with her pediatrician or neurologist since they are familiar with what type of epilepsy she has--and there are many.

The best advice is to let her sitters, grandparents, caretakers all know and teach them what you learn for safe keeping in her out of home activities.

There is not special equipment; however, there are emergency medications that can be used if deemed necessary by her physicians. Ask them.

0
0

lkauffman writes:
Hi Alex,

The Epilepsy Foundation has a number of wonderful articles on the topic of epilepsy in children. For instance, there are articles on managing a seizure and how to deal with risks.

http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/living/children/parents/

0
0