CuriousBetty
CuriousBetty asks:
Q:

Beauty tips for mom? Looking for quick, affordable ways I can take better care of myself and look my best.

My daughter doesn't need my undivided attention as much now, and I have a bit more time that I can re-focus on myself (hooray!). I'm not really a 'girley-girl' but I would like to start looking and feeling like a woman again (vs. frumpy mom). Thought I'd reach out to other moms with school-aged kids to see how they squeeze beauty into their daily routines without spending a fortune or taking too much time. For instance, do you have tips for reducing dark circles under the eyes (besides getting more sleep)? How about for whiter teeth? For keeping your skin soft and avoiding or reducing wrinkles? Other beauty tips or products you recommend? I'd also like to hear any strategies you have for juggling your beauty routine with being a mom. Thanks!
In Topics: Physical Health, Motherhood

|

Please review these natural home spa recipes by Dr. Hillary:

http://pluggedinparents.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=206&Itemid=84
3
0

sylviagmiles
sylviagmiles writes:
As far as the skin goes, I use a lotion that is the same as Oil of Olay. It is  the Equate brand at Walmart. The same ingredient. That helps to keep my skin clear and moist. It cost about $6 or 7.

0
0
teresapeter
teresapeter writes:
I can understand your problem.After being a mom I too got this feeling,wrinkles and expression lines are very common problem due to aging.I use Vita-A-Kombi from Karin Herzog brand.This is a best anti-aging cream made from natural ingredients which reduces wrinkles and aging effects from skin.My skin get benefited from it.Hope you too get free from your problem with this.

0
0
praneetharait
praneetharait writes:
Hi! I came to understand your problem. Please go through the following 2 posts which include some of the best beauty tips (which are easy to implement) for moms and the other women.

1. http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/beauty-tips-for-moms-of-all-ages/
2. http://bit.ly/1KG8Qrt

And it is also better to go outside and observe others to get some idea on how to maintain the beauty look.

0
0
blake-08
blake-08 writes:
every one will be trying to look beautiful in these days. There Will be lot of new things will be arise in the market but you will be try to choose those which are not irritating you or anything which has no side effects. but in that time we are share some of the beautiful henna designs. how you make henna designs better and beautiful. IF anyone interested to make some henna designs  we are share you some of the tips and tricks about henna..

0
0
john18967
john18967 writes:
While I found some of the tips to be things that I already do, I found many more useful tips. Many were things that I thought, "why haven't I figured that out yet?" It just seemed so obvious! LOL This book is filled with lots of useful things to help make running the household much easier. Well, maybe not easier, but less stressful.

One thing I didn't like was that I got the impression that Peel thinks the home/kids/family domain are solely the mother's job. That the man works for his family, and that clears him of responsibility on the home front. I'm not sure that's exactly her thoughts, but that was the impression I got. I don't like that. Not one bit. A job is (generally) only 40 hours per week. Maintenance of the home and care for the children is a job that takes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks per year. There is NO WAY I can do it ALL without at least SOME help from my husband! I know that as the kids get older they can help more, but still. What kind of example is it to them if they see Mom working CONSTANTLY around the home, and Dad's always relaxing? They don't generally get to see him AT work, so I don't think it would send a good message if he wasn't doing things around the house.

Anyway, as I said before, overall this was a helpful book filled with a lot of great tips. I will reference it often when tackling various things that I think could use a new approach.
Today's moms are busier than ever. Not only do we keep the home fires burning, we do any number of activities outside the home. With jobs, soccer practice, birthday parties, grocery shopping and all the other demands upon our time, we can barely find time to stop for a breath, much less maintain the chaos well enough to enjoy living out our moments.

In The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home, Kathy Peel has collected hundreds of tips and techniques to simplify daily home life. Organized around the seven key areas of life--Time & Scheduling, Home & Property, Food, Family & Friends, Finances, Special events, and Self Management--she provides a quick reference for time- and mind-saving tips.

Though I tackled this book as a cover-to-cover read (I need a LOT of help), I think it is best digested as a what-can-I-do-to-improve-in-this-area-today resource. Otherwise, what should be a help might become a burden. She has lists and lists of ideas to improve relationships, obedience, chores, grocery shopping, fire safety-you name it. The last thing we need is to be overwhelmed with our obvious failure at picnic hostessing when what we are really concerned with is car-pooling (or in my case, dish duty). Am I right?

I suspect that unless there is a woman out there in complete denial, every woman that picks up this book will find a treasure trove of help for her busy life-stay-at-homers and working moms alike.

0
0