pashun84Him
pashun84Him , Teacher, Parent asks:
Q:

I'm beginning to teach my 9-month-old sign language.  Any resource suggestions?

In Topics: Cognitive development, Speech and language issues

|

ChildSpeechLanguage

Sign language is an excellent tool which serves as a bridge to verbal communication. It promotes language development, reduces a child's frustration with the inability to communicate, and offers an alternative to whining and crying. 

All of the websites listed below offer a First Signs dictionary.  Video clips instructing you how to form the sign are available as well. 

The American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) also offers a wealth of information for parents:  www.asha.org.

www.lifeprint.com
www.signingbaby.com
www.babysignlanguage.com
www.baby-and-sign-language.com

0
0

Tammra Kerr
Tammra Kerr writes:
Signing Time has the best signing DVD's on the market.  You and your baby can watch it and learn it very quickly.  It is done to music using real life situations.  You can even request your local library to carry these.  Best wishes in this joyful journey!

0
0
tamarawills
tamarawills writes:
the bible of sign language is the book "The Joy of Sign Language" my son is 37 and deaf and I got that book because a Special Ed Teacher told me that it has everything and explains it in detail.  My children that are younger used it and they learned very fast.  Also everytime you are doing something do it in sign language and say the words kids pick up fast.  Tamara

0
0