Tatiana_C1025
Tatiana_C1025 asks:
Q:

Behavior issues with my 5 year old...

My son who is 5 and in Kinder garden,is having behavior issues. The school has contacted me many times complaining about him crawling,groaning and kicking. I don't know what to do with him I need some suggestions. He's been thru a lot of changes in the past 3 months we moved from Puerto Rico to Georgia. So its new house,new people,new language,no daddy and also mommy is working. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks), Single parent families

|

T_Muscoe28
T_Muscoe28 writes:
This is just my opinion, but I believe that your school system should be little more understanding of the stressors happening in your son's life right now. Make sure you communicate with them, try talking to the school social worker or the nurse.
 A five year old is still in the learning to communicate phase of their lives, and if he has to learn a new language along with moving to a new environment... Those are some really big stressors. And do not let them convince you that he has something wrong with him, especially if he never showed these signs before the move. Try to make him a safe place at home and make sure there is one in his classroom as well. A place he can go and cuddle with a pillow or stuffed animal when he feels scared or overwhelmed, anytime, without getting into trouble with the teacher.  
I hope that he is doing better now that he has had a couple of months to adjust.  Take care.

0
0
Anonymous