shortstuff
shortstuff asks:
Q:

Does anybody know about charging a laptop battery?

Do you need to drayn the batteries complety to recharge the batteries how does it work in laptop
In Topics: Science fair, Technology and my child

|

JeanneBrockmyer

I agree with the first respondent.  The impact of totally draining a rechargeable battery on battery life is less than it used to be.  So I'd base that decision on what is most convenient for you in terms of your usage needs

1
0

eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
It's not a bad practice to use a battery till it's empty before recharging it.
That's true with all rechargeable battery products.

However, it's not always convenient to wait until your battery is drained. You might have a trip coming and you know that you won't have a power source for a while or other situations like it.

It is debatable how much longer will the battery last doing so. I will tell you for sure that you are NOT talking about doubling the battery lifespan.

I've used laptop computers for the last 10+ years on a daily basis and I can say that even with my best laptops, I had to replace the battery after 2-3 years. so in my opinion charge it when it's convenient to you.

I hope it helps.

3
0
Anonymous