shortstuff asks:

Does anybody know about charging a laptop battery?

Do you need to drayn the batteries complety to recharge the batteries how does it work in laptop
In Topics: Science fair, Technology and my child

I agree with the first respondent.  The impact of totally draining a rechargeable battery on battery life is less than it used to be.  So I'd base that decision on what is most convenient for you in terms of your usage needs

eliad , Parent writes:
It's not a bad practice to use a battery till it's empty before recharging it.
That's true with all rechargeable battery products.

However, it's not always convenient to wait until your battery is drained. You might have a trip coming and you know that you won't have a power source for a while or other situations like it.

It is debatable how much longer will the battery last doing so. I will tell you for sure that you are NOT talking about doubling the battery lifespan.

I've used laptop computers for the last 10+ years on a daily basis and I can say that even with my best laptops, I had to replace the battery after 2-3 years. so in my opinion charge it when it's convenient to you.

I hope it helps.