Zakarian24
Zakarian24 , Parent, Teacher asks:
Q:

I need help boosting my 6 y/o sons' confidence and am confused as to telling how to react to verbal and physical attacks.Tried tell a teacher no help

As far as the verbal teasing &some of the physical stuff is concerned well heres an example A boy name Matthew has been teasing him calling him stinky,dumby and progressed to hitting then all of a sudden this boy starts to spit on my son & I've told him this is a very lude disgusting thing to do to a person & he should in no way do it back rather to tell a teacher or any adult around at the time. He tries to tell but boy denies it after a wk of being spit on my son spits back & of course I'm called into principals office. My son so terrified of principal & thinking I'm going to be mad doesnt tell us the whole story see I gave him the advice after him getting in trouble before that he never told me any of it was going on. Please Help!
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Bullying and teasing

|

Its really great that you're reaching out for some help on how to deal with the experience your son is going through at school. You were absolutely right by telling him what an inappropriate behavior both spitting and bullying are. It's great that you aren't encouraging your son to lash out in revenge by doing the same behaviors to Matthew as Matthew is doing to your son. When you see your child being picked on it is certainly an upsetting experience, so we're happy that you aren't allowing your emotions to take over and control your actions.

The school should have some kind of an Anti-Bullying policy they follow in these types of situations. Contact the principal or school counselor and ask for a copy of this policy then read through it. If you don't think they are following their procedures as they should go ahead and voice those specific concerns. You might think to contact Matthew's parents about the situation if it continues. Clearly this needs to be resolved quickly and in a healthy way, so nipping it in the bud by contacting his parents might be your next step if the school can't get it under control.

1-800-488-3000

0
0

mrs.butzlaff
mrs.butzlaff writes:
well what you could do is if the school wont do anything go to the school board and have them sit down with the boys and find out why and whats going on cause what i told my son there could be something going on at home that makes him act like that and that boy needs to go straight to someone hat can help and all we can do is stand behind them the whole way.

0
0
MelissaDoesNotBully
MelissaDoes... , Student writes:
i go to taekwondo and jujisu they do help u if or wen u need it so you allways no wat to do and they give u confidence in your self. im a red belt.and white belt in jujisu but jujisu you have to go to tournaments and fight other people so ur teacher knows your not afriad your afraid at first but remeber that its about your confidence and remebering wat to do wen someone hurts u.

0
0
MelissaBloux
MelissaBloux writes:
First, be there for your son. Let him know that you are not mad at him and that you love him no matter what. Second, document everything! Third, go to the teacher, principal, district pupil services office, and hopefully you can get help. Your son's safety is the most important and if he's not safe there you may need to change schools or home school. Good luck!

0
0