tytymommy7
tytymommy7 asks:
Q:

My little boy just started 2nd grade. He seems to struggle with handwritting, should I be nervous or will it come to him the older he gets?

He can write very well, just sloppy and does not think he needs to put space between each word. Not sure if this is just a boy thing or what??
In Topics: Helping my child with writing, Children and stress

|
abbyskids
abbyskids writes:
I would try asking him to put his pinky finger tip between each word, this should help him with spacing. Also you could type an example of a short story without any spaces and punctuation and ask him to read it.  I explained to my son that I want to enjoy reading his work and spacing helps us enjoy reading it.  He understood this once I showed him how difficult it is to read a story without any spaces in it.  Then I showed him the same story with proper punctuation and spacing. Hope this helps.

1
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
I do think that he needs to be reminded about the spaces between words.  There is nothing to be worried about.  They become better as they get older.

0
0
Anonymous