New'New
New'New , Student asks:
Q:

My boyfriend broke up with me. What do I do?

My boyfriend broke up with me after a week, we have went out before but he is the only one that I really ever liked as a boyfriend. He's in the 9th am in the 8th and he asked ME out! Not that I am surpised but he went out with two different 7th graders and I think one of them he dumped me 4 them and the other wants to fight me b/c I went out with him! When he broke up with me he told me that he wanted to stay SINGLE for a while but I really wanted to be with him. :( So what do I do? Any advice will be accepted!

Thanking You'll in Advanced!

-New New
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

New New:

Sit back, relax, and not to worry.  This is middle school. Being friends does not involve fighting and "dumping" people.  Stress less. Have fun and enjoy friends. No one owns you. You make choices. Be in control. Stay off Facebook and websites, and put your text messages away, so no one bothers you for awhile. Talk to an adult, a parent, teacher, or an advisor and explain what happened.

Good luck.

3
0

nitu0101
nitu0101 writes:
Get another boyfriend, Move on.

0
4
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:
Thanks for writing to JustAsk,

You are at an age when everything seems so new, including ending relationships. Know that you are not alone and that your age group is often involved in relationships that are very intense and then over before one person is ready.  Know that although it seems hard to imagine, someday you will once again be in a good relationship.  In the meantime, you need to continue with your education, stay far away from anyone who want to pick a fight or bully and seek the help of parents, counselors or another trusted adult if you feel you are in trouble or being threatened.

Author and child advocate, Annie Fox has a great forum for teens who want to get some solid information for helping them through these difficult social/ dating situations.  Try and check out her Ask Terra column where many teens write for sound advice and help others.  This is confidential unless you wish to share.  

Go to http://www.AnnieFox.com

Also, you may find healthy peer relationships with your girlfriends a nice break from serious dating.  

Good luck and please don't forget to ask from help from those who are adults and able to support you.

3
0
TUNISIA JOHNSON
TUNISIA JOHNSON writes:
Relationships are tricky and bring many emotions out of us. For someone your age I think it's important to remember you have plenty of time to date later on. I was told "keep your twenties to yourself." (I know you're not 20 yet but this applies) This is because it's around the time you are growing into a self sufficient adult. Figuring out your likes and dislikes, as well as what you want to do with your life. Relationships tend to make us compromise and go down roads we would not, if it weren't for that boyfriend or girlfriend.

So I say just keep it simple, not serious relationships, but not playing games at the same time. You're young and will meet someone who wants to be with you. Don't make someone a priority who has made you an option.

0
0
J.D.
J.D. writes:
It's easy to say move on. Get a new boyfriend; but it's not that easy. I have two girls one 21, and one 15. The first boyfrind is the hardest to get over. My oldest daughter was devistated. My 15 year is still on her first. You may not think so now but you will get over him and you should be just fine. Remember; your young and still have your whole life ahead of you.    goodluck.

0
0