DStin
DStin asks:
Q:

My boyfriends son is 9 years old almost 10. He is highly independent and often plays video games in his head, talking and acting out loud. Is this ok?

My boyfriend's son is 9 years old almost 10. He is highly independent and often plays video games in his head, talking and acting out loud. Sometimes while playing in his head  he makes sound effects, also sounds like he is acting out a video game scene. It also doesn't matter where we are, can be in public, at home, or even at bed time. Is this normal?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

Dear DStin:

it depends.  Nine and ten year old boys can do some pretty weird stuff and we would consider it "just the age".  However, the fact that he can't seem to have the social filters of where not to do it, indicates something like Asperger's Syndrome. Talk to his pediatrician about the behavior. See what she thinks.  Social skills can be taught as well as parental controls.

0
0