How to get my boys in an alternative school?

"I really need to get my two boys in an alternative school because they need one-on-one tutoring. They are on contract for School Attendance Review Team, and this is their last chance to be able to stay in school to be able to get their diploma. So can you please help me? I'm a single mother trying to raise my children the best way I can. Thank you for your time."

Asked by Tina via email after reviewing a SchoolFinder page for a school in the Stockton, California area.  
In Topics: Choosing a school, Learning issues and special needs, Single parent families
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

kevin_edu writes:
You need to talk to someone who handles admissions at the alternative school to start the process. You should also indicate your desire to your boys so they aren't surprised if you are successful in getting them into an alternative school. In addition I would talk to the principal/counselor (if this doesn't get you anywhere I'd contact the appropriate official at the district office) at your school and see if they have any recommendations for specific alternative schools. They should be able to help you in this process as you are both trying to find the right environment for your boys to succeed.
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely