krojas
krojas asks:
Q:

Do boys go through hormonal changes like girls do?

My 10 year old son is going through something emotional lately.  He cries when going to school and can't control it.  He's not being bullied and makes great grades.  His teachers all love him.  He's usually a super happy kid and smiles all the time.  He is more stressed now because he can't control the crying and can't explain to me why he's crying.  It's even made me cry all day.  I've taken him to his Dr. and he suggest a psychologist but with him getting tired of talking about this I"m not sure if I want to do that.  His principal thinks it's seperation anxiety from our district having almost 3 weeks of snow days right after Christmas break.  I need help because it's breaking my heart.  Thanks
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

Have a conversation with your pediatrician again.  Sometimes the second go around is better. Yes, boys in puberty do have mood swings--usually anger--door slamming etc., however, they are in puberty. If you son is not, consider depression, anxiety, and some event that triggered his behavior.  Start with your doctor then you and your partner may want to discuss it with a counselor without your son first for some guidance.

best wishes.

1
0

dstone72
dstone72 writes:
I was reading your post and my 10 year old son also has been on an emotional roller coaster. Out of the blue he will start worrying about everything, he also starts crying for no reason. I don't know if your son plays a lot of video games, or watches a lot of television but mine did. It worries me too! Is this a hormone thing at 10?

0
0