Frannie
Frannie asks:
Q:

where do I bring my 3 year old for speech evaluation?

In Topics: Speech or language impairment

|
acosha
acosha writes:
I took my soon to Child Find. I believe you can go to a local Elementary School and they can give you the phone numbers and contacts you need. My son was tested and evaluated. Then I was told he would do best in an all day program instead of going to speech therapy a few times a week. He is in a program in a regular elementary school. He is also 3 and there are kids with similar problems, no problems & different disabilities. He is talking so much better and its only been 5 months.

1
0
LDSolutions
LDSolutions , Child Professional writes:
Until a child is 3 years old then Regional Center will test children.  After 3 it is up to the school district.  Contact your local school district and tell them your daughter needs a speech evaluation.  Make sure you contact them IN WRITING and date the request.  This can be in an email as well.

0
0
drdor
drdor writes:
HELLO PARENT, WE TOOK OUR AT THAT TIME (3 YEAR OLD) GRANDSON TO BE EVALUATED FOR SPEECH PROBLEMS.

YOU CAN CALL A PROGRAM WITHIN THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM IN YOUR COUNTY, CALLED:  CHILD FIND.  THEY WILL NOT ONLY EVALUATE YOUR CHILD, BUT RECOMEND HEARING, SIGHT, ETC., PLACES THAT MEDICAID WILL COVER FOR HIM/HER TO GO TO HAVE FURTHER TESTINGS, AS WELL.  THEY ARE VERY GOOD AND VERY CONSIDERATE.

THEY NOT ONLY HELPED US AND OUR GRANDSON TO IDENTIFY THE REAL PROBLEMS, BUT THEY SIGNED HIM UP FOR ESE CLASSES TO BE HELD IN HIS NOW KINDERGARTEN YEAR.

1
0