JoshRawrrs1
JoshRawrrs1 asks:
Q:

My little brother cries outrageously and throws tantrums.

It's not the normal kinds of crying and tantrum. I deal with little kids at orphanage in my community work. I saw enough to tell the differences between normal and abnormal. He's only 3, but he cries and lavish out his anger in a reckless way. Just today, when my mom is putting him to sleep. He started to cry about not seeing his friend leave and makes a request that he HAS to stay, also, when we got him over that problem, he cries and whine about why he can't see the TV and proceed to scream in a high pitched voice for the next 3 seconds. It drove me crazy and my dad started telling me that he might have a abnormal behaviour.

This is why I am here, I still have many symptoms to explain to you, so bare with me now. He also screech and scream in high pitch voice when he is having fun. Other kids around his age just laugh and what not, but he's different. He screeches and scream in the most high pitch voice you can imagine. He also doesn't know the word "stop" we tell him to stop, he just ignores us.

When we finally get him to calm down and relax. He returns to a good normal 3 year old. What is the issue here?

|

Your brother might be doing that for attention.  For some children even negative attention counts when they feel that they don't get enough attention from family members.  The parents should spend one-on-one time with him every day and ignore temper tantrums when they occur.  By age 4 years, temper tantrums should go away.  If they do not, or they get worse, your brother should be evaluated by a pediatric neurologist.

0
0