catty
catty asks:
Q:

bullied @ school

who do i, referr this to since the school can't help me can i, report it to the board?this has been going on since last yr.i, also have medical reports and police reports .my daughter was struck in the back of the head and hit  and now she has servere headache's and blurred vision is this ok to get hit an for the student to get away with it ?who can help me?what kind of school is this then.i, have a lawyer on my side an witness@ school my question is it ok to be bullied @ school and that there's nothing to be done!

|

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter being bullied.  From what you are saying, I believe you have to press charges against the girl as well as the school.  This might be the only way  to get everyone's attention.  You say you have a lawyer, I suggest you file a law suit.  If you have a police report and witness you should have a case for assault and battery.

You may also want to try contact social services,  They might be abel to help or give you advice.

Keep talking to your daughter.  It is important that she knows that you are trying to help keep her safe.  Talk to her to see if she is doing or saying anything that might trigger the attacks for this girl.  Discuss what to do or not do when they see her.  Education.com has great resources available on this topic. http://www.education.com/topic/school-bullying-teasing/

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Barb K
www.LessonPop.com

0
0

catty
catty writes:
what can be done?

0
0
EdieRaether
EdieRaether , Teacher writes:
Change Must Come From the INSIGHT Out!
The fact is only about 4 percent of teachers are taking action and only about 24 percent even see it as a problem. THAT is a problem which is why I am wanting to do more training programs for teachers.
BUT, you must be an advocate.
If the teacher doesn't take action, I would go to the parents directly. BUT, you must do it in a way so they do not become defensive.
Some people will no matter how careful you are.
Actually, I think I will deal with that issue in my next blog as I am sure you are not alone.
BUT...I would also go to the principal and if necessary the school board when the teacher ignores your request.
I am a speaker and an author on bullying. I have created a teacher training program to help prevent bullying in schools.
Bullying will not be conquered by setting bigger traps...but by changing the hearts and minds of the kids who bu...lly.
We are putting all the responsibility for this problem on the victim and while we must act to protect the innocent, we must shift our thinking to prevention and have those who bully...
I provide interactive prevention programs for angry kids who bully, protection for kids who are bullied, and answers for parents and teachers seeking guidance to a serious problem that is responsible for many child and teen suicides.
Please visit www.stopbullyingwithedie.com, I am here to HELP!!
Edie Raether M.S., CSP

1
0