jhoward
jhoward asks:
Q:

Can I bump my daughter up a grade?

is there anything i can do to get my daughter bumped up a grade. she was born sept 21 and the cut off date is sept 1. she is going to the 3rd grade(suppose to be 4th) and can do 5th grade work. can i do anything about this issue?  Needs help in texas........
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school

|

Hello, That's great that your daughter is doing so well in her academics! Congratulations to her and you!

I suggest talking with the school principal about the possibility of her skipping a grade. You might also discuss having her testing for any gifted programs the school or district may offer. I'm including some informational resources below to help you with this discussion and deliberation.

All the best to your daughter in her studies, and thanks for asking!

0
0
Anonymous