Anonymous
Q:

I got a call from the principal today saying my 9 year old told his aid "I wish the school would blow up". I am so upset about this.

I am upset. I spoke to him and he said he did not say that and he knows it's not appropriate to say. I am worried if he does it again will the school call the police?

|

It's understandable that you are upset by this statement.

Have you spoken further with the principle since you talked with your son about it?

Ask the principle what the school policy is on such statements? Of course school are taking these statement more seriously due to current events.

Also talk with your son about making such statements and that even joking around this really isn't the best statement to make at school or just in general.

Give him other words that he can use if he is frustrated about something that is happening at school. Give him a list of people that he can talk with at school or outside of school if he is upset.

0
0

Jiff
Jiff , Student writes:
Your son is in 3rd grade. Most students are immature then. The school should not press charges because of that comment.

0
0