Ninased11
Ninased11 asks:
Q:

Why is the capital Q written as a 2 in this worksheet?

In Topics: Helping my child with writing

|

Ninased11,

I'm not sure what worksheet you are referring to, but chances are the capital Q looks like a 2 because it was written in cursive.  The link below shows how each of the capital letters are formed and the Q definitely looks like a 2.

Hope that helps.

Barb K
http://LessonPop.com
2
0

Hi!
I've included a link to a video that demonstrates writing the letter Q in cursive.  An uppercase Q does look like a 2, although, they teach this in school, I've never liked writing a cursive 2 like this and have always just made a prettier, normal Q.  Hope this helps!

0
0
archererin02410
archererin0... writes:
A cursive capital q should not look like a 2, I just ran into this today with my son. That is not how we learned to make one and I am wondering why in the world they would change it... I will be teaching him the old way as the new way doesn't even resemble a Q.. And there is no purpose in changing it..

0
0