almostgone
almostgone asks:
Q:

how can i get someone to care about me being bullied

for the last 3 years i have been bullied at school. my teachers don't care.i record things that r being said to me and let the principle listen. she seems to be mad at me for this and said it is against the law to record things being said to me and never to record again. i really thought i would get help when she heard the day after day fat and gay comments. i am overweight but not gay. i have been spit on, hit, pushed by the same 6 kids for to long. what can i do to stop the constant bullying ?my mom tells me to go to school and be respectful and quiet
In Topics: Teen issues, Bullying and teasing

|

I am so sorry to hear what is happening to you.  And I'm very disappointed that the school (teachers and administrators) not helping you.  Since I don't know how old you are, her are some things you can try.

1.  Keep telling adults what's happening to you.  If you belong to a religious organization, talk to someone in charge.  If your school has a resource officer, talk to him/her.  If you know a neighborhood policeman or police woman, tell him/her.  If you have an aunt of uncle, tell them.  Keep talking until someone listens.

2.  Keep a timeline.  This will take the place of recording.  Start a journal of the bullying events.  Write down what happened, who was involved and the out come.  Try to stick just to the facts and keep the emotion out of it - which is very hard.  This way when someone does stick up for you, you can share with him/her everything that has happened.

3.  If there is a physical assault, ask your mom to take you to the police to file a complaint.

4.  Depending on your situation, home schooling or online courses might be a solution.  Check with your school's guidance counselor for more information.

I have a nephew in middle school who is overweight and struggles with it.  I got him the book, The Fat Boy Chronicles.  It is written in a diary format.  It might give you some comfort in knowing you aren't alone.

Please remember that you are important and that one day you will be off to college or starting a career.  Those kids who are bullying you know hopefully won't be around.

Hope this has helped.

Barb K
www.LessonPop.com

1
0

ItGetsBetter
ItGetsBetter writes:
Hey, almostgone. Don't go, first of all. Second, depending on which state you live in  and whether you need to tell the other person you're recording him or her, you may very well have the right to record someone bullying you. You might consider calling one of these numbers from Yahoo! Answers:

Bully Hotline (Philadelphia--may be able to help)
(215) 400-SAFE
To report bullying, violence, harassment, threats and truancy 24 hours / 7 days a week

1-800-4CHILD

1-800-273-talk

Source(s):
http://www.phila.k12.pa.us/parents/

The federal government now has a very good anti-bullying website that may be helpful to you right this minute:

http://www.stopbullying.gov/

You are beautiful, no matter what they say! :)

I was bullied, too. It gets better.

1
0
mowhui
mowhui , Parent writes:
Hello Almost Gone,

I am a mom of an 8-year old boy too who often gets teased at school, but I told him to always speak up for himself. And I got myself involve in school so these kids could see my presence in school and would stop it before I catch them.  I have asked my kid to introduce me to all the students who are mean and rude to him face to face so these kids would know that I am watching them. I would say hi in a friendly way so I don't scare them. It just helps when these mean kids know that someone is protecting the person that they bully.  They just stop instantly.  If you have any other friend in school, spend time with them and ask help. If none is helping, I would say itgetsbetter's advice is the best.  Get them involve and let them help you.  Keep us posted whatever happens.  I'd love to hear it.  Honestly I stumbled upon your question while looking help as well for my son's problem in his after school program.  I've spoken with the director and she has done actions right away.  It helps when someone else is helping you talk to the authorities.  It doesn't matter who, as long as he's someone who's willing to devout time to follow up your case.  I think a social welfare is really good at that.  Some parents normally are quite clueless and just don't know how to act.  So don't blame your parents.  If they can't do it, someone else can.  Pray for God's help.  He will lead you tot he right person. And lastly, smile.  You're beautiful! Let me know what happens.

0
0
Magels
Magels writes:
ignore them and see how they react

1
0
casterelock
casterelock writes:
I will tell my mom to come to my school and talk to the principle

0
0
clsunshine
clsunshine writes:
Dear Almostgone,
Hang in there. Kids/teens can be hurtful and uncaring in what they say and do. Most of the time they are trying to deflect attention off themselves for what they feel are their own shortfalls.
When I was in school I was picked on (bullied) for being in Learning Disabled (as it was called then) classes. I would be called hurtful names and even get things thrown at me when I walked in the halls. I had even overheard school teachers/counselors talking about me; indicating I would never graduate with a diploma because of my learning challenges! To add to this I went through a very gangly ugly period and didn’t have much fashion sense and my family didn’t have a lot of money. I got picked on for a number of other reasons as well. Life has a way of changing though.
I worked my butt off in school and even with my dyslexia and disgraphia (number dyslexia) made it into the honors level classes by high school; passing by and showing up the same kids that had teased me years before! (It felt good to be the one with the 100% test score when one particular person that had done such things to me sat nearby with a barely passing score). I went on to graduate from college.  LIFE changes so much - I KNOW IT HURTS and it is hard but HANG IN THERE! Don't give up. You are a precious person. You are special and have so much to offer; you just need the "right" people to encourage you and some good friends. Be the “right” person to others and do the honorable things (even if others are presently not) and honestly the good catches back up with you! I have watched this happen over and over with other people as well.
Is there a church with a youth group around you that you can get involved in? Youth leaders are often very helpful in advocating for their students. Talk to the school administration again. Tell them you now understand that recording the other kids bullying you is illegal (as they claim and it probably is in your sate if they are saying it is) but that you didn’t know how to explain to them so that they could help. They should be smart enough to figure that out on their own but in practice that is not always the case (as in mine with educators saying such things about me in my ear shoot).
Please realize that as hard as it is, as unfair as life can be a times, you have choices to make the best and get through this and come out a better stronger person.

Lastly, you can speak with a licensed counselor at no cost by calling 1-855-771-HELP (4357) Monday through Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Mountain time. It is confidential and you can explain the particulars of your situation for more ideas on how to get your school administration to help in your situation. I know you have tried the general things the attached website says to do but it also has the contact info to the right side for calling the number I listed.

0
0
haileycolt
haileycolt writes:
Go to the police, your teachers should be stopping the bullying and recording what is done to you is in no way illegal. What the bullies are doing is wrong but the teachers and principle are going against the law by not making your school a safe environment for you to attend school. And talk to your mom tell her how this is making you feel and that it needs to be stopped.

0
0