Nyxis.Night
Nyxis.Night , Student asks:
Q:

What can I do to care about stuff again?

I've been going deeper into the dark hole that is depression and as I sink deeper, I lose all care for everything.
I can't figure out how to care enough to bring my grades back up. I'm failing all my classes and spend the entire time in class with head phones in while avoiding looking at anyone.
I'm losing all my friends because I don't care about hanging out or talking or anything.
I'm slowly losing care for my family that gets smaller everyday.
I've been cutting for a few years as well and can't care enough to stop. Most things I do daily could also cause me death.
I feel if I could figure out how to start caring again I could work myself out of my depression but.. I don't know how to do that.
Help?
In Topics: Cutting

|

You have taken the first step and that is realizing that you need help. If you are having thoughts of suicide or doing things that is causing you harm then you need to talk with someone near you.

This could be a parent or another family member. You could talk with a teacher or counselor at school.

We have also included several articles from our website that you might find helpful.

http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/Depression.aspx
http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/FeelingBetterAboutYourself.aspx
http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/99-Coping-Skills.aspx

1-800-448-3000
0
0

1sttimemom
1sttimemom writes:
If you truly want to start caring again, and change your life around, and come out of the dark. You need to find your inter self.  Figure out what you want to be in life and not how you want to be 6 feet under.  If you don't want to talk to your friends or hang out, there are more ways you can see the bright side of life.  Figure out where it went wrong, and caused you to fall into the hole If you like animals, see about becoming a dog walker in your neighborhood, or at an animal shelter. Find something you want to be passionate about, you like music, join the band at school, pick up a hobby that would bring you joy back into your life.  Ask your parents to go camping one weekend or fishing, a family event that you can reconnect with you family.  You hold all these powers in your hands, and only you can take the first step on getting out of the rut.  If you need to vent, draw it out, write your thoughts down on paper, go to your best friend and explain what is going on with you, if they are a true friend, they won't walk away, they will help you. If they walk, then you know they were not a true friend to begin with.  There are so many different ways that this can turn you around.  Next time you think about cutting, put it down and walk off, find something else to do instead.
I do hope this helps you re-find yourself again. Brings you back into the light for the better.

1
0