Laura Lynn
Laura Lynn asks:
Q:

How to catch your 11 year old steeling

My daughter is steeling money from her younger brother and I think me. How can i catch her red handed like with dye or camera maybe

|

I'm sure as a parent, it's very disturbing for you to suspect that your child is stealing from you or her brother. I understand your concern and am glad to hear that you want to be sure that she's doing it before you accuse her. The only way to be 100% sure that she is stealing is to see it with your own eyes. If you have strong evidence that your daughter is stealing, have a calm conversation with her about why it's wrong to steal and the consequences she will face because of it. Explain that if she continues to steal people will have a hard time trusting her and will be less likely to want to be associated with her. It will be more sincere if you see her with your own eyes as opposed using a camera or dye packet.

1-800-448-3000

1
0

Sorry to hear that you're having this problem with your daughter.

Have you checked out this Education.com article that gives some insight into why kids behave this way and what you can do about it?
http://www.education.com/magazine/article/The_Lowdown_Lying_Stealing_and/

Here's another one on the same topic...
http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_My_Child_Stealing/

I hope you are successful in getting your daughter to understand that stealing is wrong, and more importantly, that you are able to get her to stop this bad habit.

0
0
casjcape
casjcape writes:
Wait until she "steels" a dictionary and then ask her how to spell "steal"!!!!

0
2