Jenny1028
Jenny1028 asks:
Q:

How can I change my son's behavior for the better?

My son is adhd and I am having a difficult time telling him that not listening and backtalking is unexceptable. He is a good kid and just pick up this behavior and i am trying to help him change his behavior, does anyone have any suggestions.

|

Changing your son's behavior will take some time and patience on your part as a parent. Any time a child picks up an undesirable behavior causes parental frustration. Consequences change behavior. Think of some age appropriate consequences, and expectations. When does his back talking occur? When does he not listen to you the most?
Remember that over time and correcting his negative behavior, these episodes of back talking will decrease. Can he earn age appropriate positive consequences for choosing not to back talk?
You can always call the Boys Town National Hotline at 1-800-448-3000 if you think that talking to someone can help. We have counselors available 24/7 and we talk with kids and parents about various issues. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

0
0

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
Hi Jenny,
It sounds like what your are experiencing is normal. How old is your son? Remember, teens experience these symptoms, ADHD or no!

Here's an article that might help you with ideas for ways to get through to your son, called "Top 4 Ways to Help Your ADHD Child."

0
0