roxas
roxas asks:
Q:

are there any chart to prove that video games help teens and children

In Topics: Children and video games, Technology and my child

|

JeanneBrockmyer

At this time, there is no clear evidence that playing typical video games has any benefit beyond the entertainment value.  There is clear evidence that games focused on teaching specific skills are effective. There are also some games that might increase a player's awareness of social issues. There is mounting evidence that exposure to violent media increases the relative risk of being aggressive and becoming desensitized to violence. Children of different ages may be affected differently, we just don't know yet.
Best advice for typical entertainment video games, play in moderation.  

Jeanne H. Brockmyer, Ph. D.
education.com expert clinical child psychologist

2
0

amberc85
amberc85 writes:
You're right that there are some violent games, but there are games such as skill, math games that can increase children's skills. I have my daughter who always plays the friv planet games and I do not think that it has become to depend games and video games

1
0
maianh04
maianh04 writes:
I think the kids play the game at a level that allows the brain helps intelligent, more agile.

0
0