aimeerogersfamily
aimeerogers... asks:
Q:

Does my child have add? Or could it be something else?

No matter what I do, I cannot make my adopted 4year old son behave? Nothing works, time-outs, taking his toys, not giving him his snacks, not buying him special treats in stores, absolutely nothing? I am at my nerves end! He kicks and hits my husband. When I am home from work he still acts up. I've taken all of his toys away for a day or so at a time. No matter how he screamed and wailed! Yet, he still will not behave.I have sat down eye to eye and tried talking to him and he will be good for 5 to 30 minutes.. He ignores everything I say, no matter how many times I tell him to stop doing something he continually does it. Ive tried distraction of doing something else and that doesn't work? He's even jumping on my puppy, stomping it, kicking it, punching it, throwing things at it, and strangling it. He cant hold still 24/7. He constantly moves his hands in circular motions. He climbs on the tables and stands and jumps on the furniture. No matter how many times I punish him for doing it, he keeps doing it. It just doesn't even matter what the problem is when I try to get him to stop he just won't he does it for hours on end. He goes to bed normally at 8pm and gets up at 7 in the morning. lately i can't get him to bed by 12 or 1am? my husband is a retired police officer and has dealt with a lot of children but here lately we are both confused? his biological mother has mental habits of a child's mind. could he be like her?
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, ADHD & attention issues

|

It is difficult to say what the biologic mother's life genes could be working in your son.  Start with a conversation with your pediatrician about his behavior and ask for an evaluation.  I would also go to your public school and ask for a child study team as to what help they can offer preschool now before kindergarten.  A developmental specialist can also be on the team.  You have your hands full, but keep the messages to him simple, direct, and have simple consequences.

0
0