jschulz
jschulz asks:
Q:

How can I help my child who has anxiety over food?

Everytime we sit down to eat, my daughter gets very nervous over what is put down in front of her.  I tell her ahead of time what is for dinner, lunch, etc. and she even helps prepare at times.  When she sits down however, I can see the anxiety build up.  Her shoulders tighten and she talks constantly about the food.  She will ask how many bites she needs to eat.  She will often say she has a tummy ache and isn't hungry.  About ten minutes after the meal, she is starving and goes for the carbs?  She is almost 7 and it is getting worse.  I seriously can't get her to eat meat or vegetables.  Not a one.
In Topics: Physical Health, Anxiety

|
Pebbles23
Pebbles23 writes:
I know exactly what you are talking about. My 7 year old daughter is having the same issue. She experiences tummy aches about 5-6 times every day. I thought it was constipation, but we have seen improvement with that. It doesn't matter where we are or what she is about to eat, her face turns red and she feels physically sick. It is affecting her everyday life. I don't know how to help her. I would love to hear if you find any solution. We are taking her back to a GI doctor to see if they can offer any solution.

0
0
myfriend
myfriend writes:
Don't has anxiety over food, just take it easy.

0
0
Anonymous