improvedme11
improvedme11 asks:
Q:

Why does my child beat me up around the house when i try to talk to him?

|

We are not sure the answer, but do know this is an inappropriate behavior that will need to be corrected.  If the parenting techniques you have tried are not effective, we hope that you will seek out some additional help.  Parenting classes and support groups can be incredibly helpful, also seeking out a child psychologist for your child could help you maybe get a diagnosis for him/her.  With a diagonosis, you can then proceed to treatment with a counselor or therapist.  It certainly can't hurt to try these things out and it could be a big benefit, not only to your child, but you as well.  

We also would like to encourage you to call our hotline and speak with a counselor.  We talk to parents in crisis everyday and would be happy to provide you with support however we can.  Please take care!

Counselor, Dominic
Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
1-800-448-3000
www.parenting.org

0
0

improvedme11
improvedme11 writes:
i really need your help hes got me again!

0
1
Matie101
Matie101 writes:
If your child is just playing around then just tell him to knock it off but if he is secrecy then you need to like hit him but not hard or put him in boxing

1
1
shnasta
shnasta writes:
He needs to see he is out of control. We all need to be reminded to maintain self-control. I too had this problem with my 5 year old. I got down to his level and told him he is out of control and it is not safe and not o.k.  I told him he was in a time out for his behaivor and he proceeded to hit the wall, kick and scream. I put him oin the floor and told him again: You are out of control and he will sit in his time-out. I put us both on the floor and sat still and quiet for our 5 minutes. I had to hold him in my lap. When it was over, i explained it again and gave a hug and kiss and have had to remind him of self-control. So far.....so goood. Good luck to you, hope you find the help you are looking for!  Ü

0
0