tress
tress asks:
Q:

what do i do if my child is a bully? How do I stop it?

In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Discipline and behavior challenges

|
shaniya
shaniya , Student writes:
the reason your child bullies others is because he or she gets bullied at home or somewhere else sit with your child n calmly talk bout it

0
0
JeanneBrockmyer
JeanneBrock... writes:
Some really important piece of information are missing from your question.  One is your child's age.  It is probably easier for parents to address bullying in young children than in teenagers.  Another issue is the type of bullying.  Does your child bully with words or with physical aggression?  Gender is another question.  Bullying by girls is often different from bullying by boys.  
Let's make some assumptions.  Say your child is a 7 year old boy who tries to intimidate other children with threats of physical violence.  If this is your situation then I would suggest a talk with him to try to understand where he is coming from. Maybe he is feeling inadequate in school and is trying to feel powerful in another area.  You might be able to address the bullying behavior by helping your child find ways to succeed in school. You could try giving him more help with his homework or talking with his teacher and asking for more help in the classroom.
Obviously this may not be your situation.  If so, write back and we will try to address your specific issues.    

Jeanne H. Brockmyer, Ph. D.
education.com expert clinical child psychologist

2
0
MeonlyME
MeonlyME writes:
My question is the same?  Where are the responses?

0
0