Anonymous
Q:

How to make my child more calm and friendly?

Hi! My son will soon be six years old. Children a little older, say 6.5 years, don't want to play with him because they think he is too thin and small for them to play with. They also laugh at him and this really upsets my child. My son has also had fights with them as in hitting them and saying some bad words. How do I make my child more friendly and stop him from using bad words or hitting others? I want him to be very friendly and socializing. Please help.
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Friendships and peer relationships

|

If you son is having a difficult time making friends you make want to set up a play date for with with only one or two friends. This can help him to feel more comfortable with being around others, but not overwhelm him.

Make sure that you invite kids that you know your son has the ability to get along with.

During this time you want to make sure that you are monitoring your son and praising appropriate behaviors. For example if your son is using a pleasant voice and not using bad words you want to praise him.

If you see your son getting upset or frustrated have him take a time out from his friends for a  minute or so. This will give him a chance to calm down and then he can go back to the friends.

You might also want to check out our parenting website for additional ideas and support for helping your son.

1-800-448-3000

0
0

Alanshi20021
Alanshi20021 writes:
Have a talk with them. Tell your child to be nice as well as the
other kids. If this continues to result tell their parents.

0
0
Alanshi20021
Alanshi20021 writes:

0
0