Q:

How are you & your child celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week?

In what ways are you and your child showing appreciation for his/her teacher during Teacher Appreciation Week?

More about the observance here:
http://www.teacher-appreciation.info/Teacher-Ap...
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Parent Teacher Association (PTA)

|
Our daughter's teacher has a sweet tooth, so we're going to bake her some cookies.

We'll also send her one (or more) of the free e-cards that the Parent Teacher Association, the National Education Association and Reading Rockets are offering.

And we're going to read one extra book at bedtime each night this week too, especially those from Dr. Seuss (her favorite author). We hope she notices that gift in the homework reading log!

1
1
ShirleyCressDudley
ShirleyCres... , Teacher, Child Professional, Parent writes:
My daughter is writing individual thank you notes to the teacher's who have made a positive impact on her year.  She is a senior in high school.

1
0
SharaPCS
SharaPCS , Parent writes:
I've compiled numerous ideas in the post below. Some of them are free...for my own son's teacher, we are still deciding. I know she enjoys receiving classroom supplies and she really likes OREO cookies :-) So we might end up making her a gift basket of various items.

1
0
rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
Here are 5 creative ideas for gifts that teachers actually want!

1
0
Last year (first grade) we went with sweets and reading as the gift. This year, our daughter delivered homegrown flowers and a handmade, heartfelt card. She was the only one in her class to gift the teacher on Teacher Appreciation Day (Tuesday), but hopefully inspired others to gift the teacher at some point this week. I know that members of the PTA planned a Cinco de Mayo buffet lunch for the teachers, but I think it's also good for parents and students to recognize their teachers directly.

0
0
education.com writes:
This question was posted to the @JustAskEdu profile on Twitter, and the following answer was 'tweeted' back...

From Tracy Grimm, communications team member at The Blake School, @LifeatBlake http://twitter.com/lifeatblake:

"We're tweeting fun facts about our teachers all this week. They do some really cool things outside of school, too!"

0
0
Anonymous