Blues1
Blues1 asks:
Q:

Why would my child color in rainbows all the time?

Everything he colors is almost mosaic looking. Is this any sign of something or is he just being artistic?
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness, My child's growth and development

|
DajaiDickson
DajaiDickson writes:
Your child color rainbows all the time because she is thinking happy thoughts.

2
0
DajaiDickson
DajaiDickson writes:
Yes it is.

2
1
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Between the ages 5-8 or 9 they have a tendency to make their pictures extremely colorful.  They are learning to create an effect that looks mosaic like and it also allows them to experiment with colors.

1
0
ChristinMcClatchie
ChristinMcC... , Teacher writes:
As a child learns about colors they will want to use them. As a preschool teacher 99% of the pictures I see are done in rainbow colors. If you are truly concerned, try asking your child what the color of things are. If they can tell you the sky is blue, trees are green, etc. then most likely there is not a problem. If they are seeing the sky as black, grey, blue, green they may have a problem with various forms of colorblindness. That is a very unlikely situation, and most of the time they are just expressing their desire for things to be bright and colorful.

1
0
KatrinaP12
KatrinaP12 writes:
I am glad this question came up. My son is also very interested in coloring rainbows.  I wasn't sure why either, however, these answer make sense.

0
0
jinjohn218
jinjohn218 writes:
hi.....A rainbow is formed when raindrops reflect sunlight toward an observer's eye. Light is dispersed into seven colors -- red, orange, green, blue, indigo and violet. To see a rainbow, the sun must be behind the observer and rain must be falling in another part of the sky. Each raindrop is lit up by the sun and produces colors all along the seven-color spectrum.

Read more: http://odonnellfamilydentistry.com/

0
0