GeraldineCharles
GeraldineCh... asks:
Q:

If a child has been diagnosed with behavioral disorder and ADHD, would the color of his bedroom have any effect on him?

My grandson lives with my brother and his wife, they have his room painted grey, dark curtains up, his room is dark and dingy and very, very cold. I'm wondering if this would affect him mentally being in that room all the time?
In Topics: ADHD & attention issues

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

As a parent I believe health, nutrition, being outdoors in the sunshine, opportunities for play and communication are key ingredients for children to make progress and develop.  When a child has challenges, it is sometimes due to factors that are not environmental.  Please feel free to go to CHADD.org for more information.

Best wishes-

Louise Sattler

0
0

JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
yes, the colour of the room affects a child emotionally.  children's rooms are normally bright and colourful - 3 colours at best which are pastel colours - the softer colours enhance a happier frame of mind . yellow promotes creativity, green gives calmness and blue encourages happiness.

the dark colours normally are not an option for children. you could ask them if you can paint it brighter rather than ask them to paint it.  add some toys that he can play with.

0
0
Sherry*36
Sherry*36 writes:
Haven a dungon for these kids is not good. I have to children with multiple behavior issue including ASD,AD/HD,ODD,RAD and BI-POLAR to name a few. They need a happy place to go when their troubled. A place of clamness and serinty. Warmth and saftey. Do google searches LIKE: An ad/hd childs room. you will get lots of sites for ideas.

0
0