drdor
drdor asks:
Q:

If a child needs to have help in an ESE class, would this affect his ability to make honor roll if that be the situation?

In Topics: School and Academics, My gifted child

|

I suggest learning more about the school or teacher's criteria for the honor roll, and the process they follow in determining those who are chosen. If you don't have the school's telephone number handy, I'm including below a link to SchoolFinder which includes school contact info.

For my child, I focus on making sure that she gets all the academic help she needs, regardless of any impact on making honor roll (or "student of the month"). I think it is more important that she learn the concepts and lessons being taught, and that she asks for help as much as she needs it. I don't want her to be too stressed out about tests or performance measures, or to be too worried or fearful to ask for help.

Below are some information resources you may also find relevant. Thanks for asking!

1
0