christy67
christy67 asks:
Q:

Can my child get the flu vaccinations while sick?

my daughter is scheduled for her flu vaccinations next week, but this morning she woke up with a runny nose. Will she still be able to get the vaccinations? I'm scared if she has to wait, they won't be available.
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Peter_Wenger

Your daughter may get the influenza immunization if she is experiencing mild symptoms, such as a runny nose or even a low-grade fever.  If people are experiencing moderate to severe disease symptoms, they should probably wait until the illness has improved sufficiently or resolved.  Speak with your daughter's physician about your particular case.

0
0

momjen
momjen writes:
Are you referring to the regular flu shot or the H1N1? What did your doctor say regarding her getting the flu shot while ill? The regular flu shot is a 'dead virus'. I've been told by healthcare pros never to give children a live virus (as is the case with the nasal spray, which is what is most available for the H1N1 at the moment).

1
0