Q:

If my child is in First grade now over the summer would I choose to do the second grade work or continue with 1st?

Thanks for any input.

Asked by an Education.com Facebook fan.
https://www.facebook.com/Education.comFanPage
In Topics: School and Academics, Back to school, Helping my child with school work and home work

|

It's great that you want to continue your child's education during the summer months. I suggest continuing with first grade work this summer, so that your child retains the information. Learning involves more than the classroom, so introduce experiences for your child that enlighten and expand her interests.

2
0

Nben
Nben writes:
It depends if your child masters the objectives taught in the first grade, start working in second grade curricula, but if not do the first grade. the most important thing is to have a solid foundation which is most given at early ages.

2
0
Marylcooper
Marylcooper writes:
You should do the secind grade work to give your chila a headstart for the upcoming school year. That's what I'm doing with my daughter.

2
0
Both.

Continue to reinforce the skills that was introduced to your child in 1st grade while you prepare for 2nd grade and most importantly have fun!!

Best Wishes!

2
0
heenal
heenal writes:
you can choose second grade work because this year I am in 9th grade and next year I'm in 10th grade and I'm doing 10th grade work.

2
0
poptropica79
poptropica79 writes:
Over the summer i would give him 1st grade work that way he/she  doesn't forget the basics they taught him in 1st grade

0
0
Anonymous