slashbulling
slashbulling asks:
Q:

My child has gotten low grades in class and has also been bullied at school. Do I have a right to ask if she could do work over so she doesn't fail?

Member Added on May 23, 2011
because she wasn,t able to consintrate in class from the bulling and we are ready at the 6 six weeks and as i was told from her teacher her she probley won,t have a high enough average to pass all though she knows about the bulling that has been going on told to her from my child and a friend
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Bullying and teasing

|

childpsychmom

One of your first steps should be to set up a meeting with your child's teacher and principal so that you have a chance to speak with them privately about the bullying.  During the meeting, discuss with them your concerns about your child's grades.  If you feel that her low grades are a result of her being a victim of bullying, then you should ask them if there is a way for her to make up her work or attend summer school so that she does not get held back.  

Then seek the advice of your school counselor.  They will be able to give you and your daughter advice on how to cope with this difficult situation.  If your school does not have a counselor, try contacting a child psychologist in your area for more specific recommendations.  I'm attaching a couple of great resources on bullying that will also get you going in the right direction.

Best of luck!
Polly Dunn, Ph.D.
Licensed Child Psychologist
www.ChildPsychMom.com
Facebook www.facebook.com/childpsych
Twitter @childpsychmom
1
1

heenal
heenal writes:
do online help like exl.com  
math worksheet.com
www.english-test.net

1
0