mmartin823
mmartin823 asks:
Q:

My child was held back twice, how can I help her get into her right grade level?

In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school, State education standards

|

mjwbwd
mjwbwd writes:
Not sure what state that your in.... but check with your state education agency. If your child is having this much trouble then - there could possibly be a learning difference that she needs to tested for. If she does not qualify when tested --- then I would push for a 504. Also, check with your state - but as a parent I believe - you do not have to agree to the retention.  Contact the special ed director in your district or call another district to find out your options in your state. But I would not allow retention a second time. In special education you have a protection that they have to modify her academics but keep her with age appropriate peers. They can not fail her if she is under the special ed umbrella. In Texas parents have alot of rights but are not always informed..... so ask questions and read up on your rights and go from there.

0
0
Anonymous