LizzieLynn211
LizzieLynn211 asks:
Q:

My child wants to be homeschooled..?

My 15 year old daughter wants to switch from public school to homeschooling-online school. She has good intentions and has done a good deal of research on it and I don't see why I shouldn't say yes. Any advice?
In Topics: Homeschooling

|
EmilyMays

Best Answer!

I went to public school up until the time I was 15. I made horrible grades in public school and was failing miserably. At 15 I asked my mother if I could Home School. I went from doing very poorly to doing excellent...by the end of the first year, 7th grade, I was doing college level assignments. Some children find personal classroom settings much easier to learn in than public ones. I say let her go for it if that is really what she wants.

1
0

ChrisLO
ChrisLO writes:
As the homeschooling mom to 4 I can see the benefits to alternative forms of education. I was not homeschooled as a child but wanted to give my kids something "more" than what their public school could offer. My parents were both teachers and I have immense respect for teachers, but those classrooms don't work for everyone. My oldest is 16 and taking PSEO classes full-time as a college freshman, and my oldest son is 13 and homeschools, but participates in public school sports. Homeschooling can be a great option!

0
0
fastmrs.brown
fastmrs.brown writes:
if you can manage homeschooling its a good idea

0
0