whitebulltrucking2803
whitebulltr... asks:
Q:

Child with IEP in a group home failed 9th grade.

My 16 year old daughter suffers from bipolar, ADHD, PTSD, and has emotional issues.  She has an IEP with our school district.  However, last school year, she was placed in a group home that also provided education.  She was told she passed the 9th grade and even started in their day treatment program in the 10th grade this year.  Yesterday she was told by the school she is currently attending that she failed the 9th grade.  I was not made aware of this issue and am very frustrated with this program since they were supposed to help her.  I am now also mad at myself since I am the one who placed her in this program and now looks like I caused her to fail the year.  Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

|

BMelton , Teacher writes:
Your daughter is evaluated under an IEP, and the school is required to keep you informed of any meetings during the year regarding failure or lack of progress. It sounds like you were totally surprised by this. You may call a meeting and have an advocate with you. The school cannot fail her without providing interventions and monitoring her progress.

0
0