lrod72
lrod72 asks:
Q:

MY CHILD WAS KICKED OUT OF PRE-K FOR ABSENCES. IS THEIR ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO? SHE ONLY HAD 8 WEEKS LEFT FOR SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT EXCEPT DEATH IN THE

FAMILY AS AN EXCUSE.  MY FATHER HAD DIED AND WAS VERY ILL BEFORE THAT.  I (MOM) HAD ALSO BEEN HOSPITALIZED FOR HEART ISSUES. TEACHERS AND I HAD VERY GOOD COMMUNICATION.  THEY WERE AWARE OF EVERY DETAIL AND INFORMED AS TO WHY SHE WAS ABSENT BESIDES HER BEING ILL SEVERAL TIMES. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO , IT BREAKS MY HEART THAT THEY KICKED HER OUT!!!!

|

Pre-K may be funded differently in your area. I suspect that your daughter being withdrawn from the program was an administrative decision based on the criteria for enrollment. She should be eligible to return to school next year. Talk to the counselor or administrator about your options.

Stay away from labeling this as "being kicked out," which may imply there were other issues (disciplinary, etc.).

I would suggest that you explore this time to provide counseling for your daughter (and the family) on grief and loss. I have included websites that are very helpful in understanding grief and loss for children.

0
0

nativepride59
nativepride59 writes:
What state do you live in and is your Pre-K private? What I do when I have questions about school I first access my state guidelines then find the answer. Every state is different and if I'm not mistaken Pre-K's are private. I would ask your school for a copy of their written guidlines.
                                Good Luck, Debbie

0
0
AppleTree123
AppleTree123 writes:
Did you still pay for the days that your child was not there?

0
0